Having your window treatments beautiful and harmonized with your design and colour choices is important.
The primary purpose many people think of using blinds on their windows is to keep unwanted light out and maintain privacy indoors. However, blinds are also energy efficient. During the summer months, they keep the heat out and your entire home much cooler, yet there are blinds that can also help insulate your space through the colder months and keep the heat in.
Did you know that in the summer, roughly 75% of the sunlight that falls on your windows enters the home as heat? Blinds actually play a large role in keeping heat out. Using blinds that offer UV protection will keep your home more comfortable whiles saving you money on your monthly energy bill.
Figuring out which blinds for the rooms in your home can be overwhelming. We make the process easier for you with our consultations with our expert designers in the showroom and in your home. We will help you select the right product style and colour so that we can provide you with a quotation if you have your measurements, or we will then set up your in-home consultation.
Duette Honeycomb Shades by Hunter Douglas is an innovative, versatile window treatment that looks beautiful and insulates your home year-round. They also offer room darkening and sound absorption.
If keeping heat out is a priority function of your blinds, there are a few options that are better suited to the task than others.
• Roller Blinds: A classic choice for interior blinds, roller blinds also are one of the best choices for keeping heat out. Shade-O-Matic Roller Blinds have fabrics that include light filtering sunscreen fabrics, room darkening vinyl, and natural & decorative fabrics in varying light and privacy opacities. They do a good job because they are solid and cover the entire space of the windowpane. Simple to operate, roller blinds can be easily adjusted depending on the positioning and intensity of the sun.
Maxxmar blinds sunscreen fabrics offer visibility of the outdoors while protecting furniture and family treasures from the harmful UV rays penetrating through the window.
• Venetian Blinds: Venetian blinds are another key choice for reducing heat in the home. This is because they are available in both aluminum and wood, with slats that can be tilted to follow the sun. Venetian blinds provide full coverage with the opportunity for some subtle light to sneak into the home.
Overall, and probably obviously so, full-coverage blinds are the best choice for keeping the heat out. The more you block the sun, the less heat will enter the home!
While the right blinds will make a huge difference in how much heat you can keep out of your home, there are some other simple measures you can pair with blinds to make sure your house stays extra cool:
• Make sure you adjust your blinds based on the location of the sun
• Keep your blinds closed for the majority of the day if you will not be home to adjust them
• Set your ceiling fans on counterclockwise
• Open the windows at night to let some cool air in (just remember to close them in the morning!)
For more information on choosing the best blinds for your home or questions about window and blind treatments, including a wide range of styles and colours, contact us today.
With 20+ years of expertise in the GTA, Fasada is your premier solution for window and door needs in Oakville. Bid farewell to issues like rot, drafts, and unreliable installations. Our high-quality products and expert installation guarantee a seamless experience. Whether upgrading your existing home or enhancing a new one, Fasada is the smart choice. Explore our Oakville showroom for attractive, functional, and secure windows and doors, complemented by cozy window coverings for every room."
Unit 4 – 2512 Old Bronte Rd. Oakville, ON L6M 4J3
Call (905) 827-3331